You have no items in your shopping cart.
Wild Texas Cherry Tomatoes are heavy yielding variety. Cherry tomatoes are grown easily in the garden, they are bite sized tomatoes, they grow and mature very quickly. these cherry tomato plants bear small round fruits which is suitable for fresh eating and salads.
1. Planting and its care: Right season for planting: The rainy season from July - Aug is the right time for sowing as winter crop Oct-nov when the average temperature is around 18-28°C.
2. Planting using seeds: - A quarter to half an inch deep, and water gently but thoroughly.
- Seeds will germinate within 5-6 days after sowing if soil temperature is poor it will take 12 days to germination.
- Transplant to the main bed or container after 20-25 days after sowing.
- While planting tomato seedlings maintain plant spacing for better establishment of tomato crop. Row to row spacing 90 cm and plant to plant 45 cm.
3. Watering: Generously do watering for the first few days, water well throughout the season, mulching can be done after 5 weeks to retain soil moisture during the summer season.
4. Fertilizer: Apply nutrient two weeks prior to first picking. For a better & healthy crop establishment use an organic plant fertilizer.
5. Harvesting: The perfect tomato for picking will be firm and very red in color, with perhaps some yellow remaining around the stem. Pick tomatoes as they redden. Never refrigerate fresh tomatoes.
6. Companion crop: Lettuce, Basil, Pepper, Carrot, onion, garlic are companion crop for tomato.
You have no items in wishlist.